Friends of Waterfront Seattle invites you to soak up summer on the waterfront at Hot Spot, taking place in the existing Waterfront Park between the Seattle Aquarium and the Great Wheel. Relax in Hot Spot’s bistro-style seating or partake in Hot Spot’s free cultural and community programs while enjoying stunning views of Elliott Bay. Stay tuned to our event page for the Summer Schedule at Hot Spot!
Hot Spot [hŏt′spŏt′] noun
1. A three-year park activation pilot presented by Friends of Waterfront Seattle preceding our central waterfront’s transformation into a 26-block park and cultural destination
2. A site-specific pavilion designed by master students at the UW Department of Architecture
3. A place with free wi-fi
4. A place of constant change
5. A place where you want to be
6. A platform for diverse cultural and community activities, including art installations, concerts, and other performances
7. Research and development (R&D) for stewarding the future park
8. A fresh, dynamic addition to our central waterfront
Friends’ Hot Spot will enhance the Central Waterfront now with fresh, diverse activities that provide a preview of our urban shoreline’s future as a vibrant, dynamic park for all.